1/2 Photos of Southwest Chicken Bean and Rice Casserole
A nice easy casserole. Serve with a dallop of light sour cream on top; if desired. Sometimes I add some corn to the chicken mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce
- 29 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 3/4 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add rice, salt and diced tomatoes w/ pepper/onion. Heat through and pour into bottom of prepared baking pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over top.
- 3In same skillet, over med-high heat, sautee onion in the oil until translucent. Add diced cooked chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, pepper, salt, adobo, cumin and 1 tbsp cilantro. Stir and heat through. Pour over top of mixture already in the baking pan.
- 4Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese over top. (then scatter optional sliced black olives over cheese, if using them). Sprinkle with 2 tsp cilantro.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Bean and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Sodium 1057.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: