1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (No Canned Soup)
This recipe was given to me by a friend and I tweaked it to fit out family's taste. It is very mild, but can be easily spiced up. It freezes well and it can be made in advance and cooked just before serving. It takes two casserole pans to cook it, so I often make one pan for our family and one to give away. This is a very easy recipe to put together. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Season to taste. (I usually add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder, etc.) Boil chicken until cooked through and tender.
- 2Remove chicken, saving broth. Shred or chop the chicken into small pieces. I often grind it in my food processor as we like the pieces very small.
- 3Place chicken in a large bowl and add 3 cups cheese and the onions. Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- 4Place a small amount of chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll. Place in a casserole dish. Try not to crowd too many into one pan.
- 5In a saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the green chilies and then the flour. (If you want it spicier, you can add some chopped or pickled jalapenos to this mixture.).
- 6Slowly stir in 4 cups of reserved chicken broth. Cook until the mixture becomes slightly thick, like gravy.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- 8Pour the sauce over the enchiladas. Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Uncover, top with remaining cheese and return to oven for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (No Canned Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.6
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 1464.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 40.8 g