Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
I make this tea before bed and first thing in the morning hen I have a sore throat. It's soothing and healing. It's made with onion and garlic, but the mint leaves hide any strong flavors.
- 2 slices red onions
- 1 small garlic clove
- 5 -6 fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 slice lemons or 1 slice lime
- Place all the ingredients except the honey in a small pot.
- Add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it comes to a rolling boil, turn off heat and cover.
- Let it infuse for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and sweeten with honey to taste.
Thank you for this recipe I had a very bad sore throat and cough with this tea for 3 days 2 times a day I don't have to take any medicine. Home remedies from old cultures help, really help. Thank you.
Interesting pleasant flavour. I drank this as stated and feel it helps especially at the time of drinking. It does help with healing the sore throat as well. Thanks, and I would make this again.