Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Our family, being the Mexican food lovers that we are, really enjoy these sopes and they're a nice change of pace. We use sopes that can be purchased ready-made at the grocery store or a Mexican food market, which is my preference. Living in San Diego, there's no shortage of Mexican food markets or Carnicerias. I confess that I've never attempted to make sopes from scratch. This recipe is very easy to make and if you like Mexican food, you gotta try these.
- Saute ground beef 5 minutes, drain fat.
- Add frozen vegetables and spices; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Fry sopes in 1 inch oil until golden.
- Layer sopes with beans, beef mixture, cabbage, cheese, tomato, sour cream and salsa.
- NOTE: The sopes ingredient was not recognized so here is where I'll let you know you'll need 6 of them. Sopes are a Mexican-type bread that are approximately 4-inch circles and about an inch thick.