Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup can be served hot as a traditional soup, but I also love it served cold for lunch on a hot day. It's mild - not spicy at all, but with lots of flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mild taco sauce, like Taco Bell Taco Sauce
- In pan large enough to hold all ingredients, saute onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, water and bouillon. Heat to boiling.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Place 1/2 potato and liquid mixture in blender, cover and process on low just until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl and repeat with remaining potato and liquid mixture.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients, except taco sauce, until smooth. serve warm or chill 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with taco sauce.
This was delicious! I didnt have any taco sauce, so used salsa instead. Also, didnt have any sour cream so just added extra milk. Thanks for sharing!
This was a tasty soup but a little bland. The salsa a little flavor but I think I like the traditional potato soup better.
What a delicious soup this is! I'd never made a potato soup before and this recipe looked like a good one to try. I served this warm, and it was a nice and hearty soup. I loved the little tang the taco sauce and cumin gave, and I just wish I'd doubled the recipe so I could have had some more for lunch tommorow. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe -- it's one I'll make often.