Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have several recipes for salsa, this one for when we want a small batch, and a smooth, mild version. NOTE: This salsa gets better if it sits in the fridge for a day before eating, but it is good even if you want to eat it later in the day. If I want to chill it fast, I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so and then in the refrigerator until it is served. It should however chill for at least an hour total.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (including the juice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos (including the juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional for those watching their salt intake) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems (I just use a good handful which is about 1/4 cup packed)
- 1⁄2 large yellow sweet onion (quartered)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a quart sized sealable container (I use a Ball Quart Wide Mouth Mason Jar with a lid).
- Refrigerate overnight if possible, or for at least one hour as described above).
- Time to Make does not include refrigeration.