Sooz Cooks's Note:
I have several recipes for salsa, this one for when we want a small batch, and a smooth, mild version. NOTE: This salsa gets better if it sits in the fridge for a day before eating, but it is good even if you want to eat it later in the day. If I want to chill it fast, I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so and then in the refrigerator until it is served. It should however chill for at least an hour total.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (including the juice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos (including the juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional for those watching their salt intake) (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems (I just use a good handful which is about 1/4 cup packed)
- 1/2 large yellow sweet onion (quartered)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 2Transfer to a quart sized sealable container (I use a Ball Quart Wide Mouth Mason Jar with a lid).
- 3Refrigerate overnight if possible, or for at least one hour as described above).
- 4Time to Make does not include refrigeration.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sooz's Easy Homemade Blended Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 364.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cilantro leaves and stems