Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am the type of cook that doesn't normally measure ingredients, so take these with a grain of salt. The ingredients go great together though.
- 1 lb cubed pork tenderloin (or chicken)
- 2 seeded and chopped jalapenos
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 diced small tomatillos
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I like Rosarita)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (or wheat tortillas for all of you health cautious people)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add diced onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add cubed meat salt and pepper to taste and cook until done.
- Add chopped jalapenos, diced green bell pepper, and tomatillos. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Combine corn starch with one cup water and stir into mixture. Simmer up to 30 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Separate half of mixture in a separate bowl and set a side. Combine beans to mixture still in skillet and heat through.
- Warm tortillas.
- Add mixture plus a large pinch of cheese to the inside of each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place in large Pyrex pan.
- When all tortillas are filled cover with mixture that was set aside and then with the remaining cheese.
- Heat in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.