Space Burrito's Note:
I am the type of cook that doesn't normally measure ingredients, so take these with a grain of salt. The ingredients go great together though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cubed pork tenderloin (or chicken)
- 2 seeded and chopped jalapenos
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 diced small tomatillos
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I like Rosarita)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (or wheat tortillas for all of you health cautious people)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet.
- 2Add diced onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
- 3Add cubed meat salt and pepper to taste and cook until done.
- 4Add chopped jalapenos, diced green bell pepper, and tomatillos. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- 5Add chicken stock. Combine corn starch with one cup water and stir into mixture. Simmer up to 30 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- 6Separate half of mixture in a separate bowl and set a side. Combine beans to mixture still in skillet and heat through.
- 7Warm tortillas.
- 8Add mixture plus a large pinch of cheese to the inside of each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place in large Pyrex pan.
- 9When all tortillas are filled cover with mixture that was set aside and then with the remaining cheese.
- 10Heat in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Chili Verde Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 738.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: