Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and spicy joes. Serve it over rice or on a bun. Top with grated cheese!
Make and share this Smoky Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 sweet white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 8 ounces sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce or 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown beef adding onions and garlic, breaking beef as cooking.
- When browned, add ingredients up to salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over meat mixture and stir in, add water and simmer 5 minutes.
This sounded so good and it was delicious. I did use the ground turkey and liquid smoke like others had suggested and put it on hamburger buns with shredded cheese and shredded lettuce. It is very versatile-the next day I added a regular can of diced tomatoes, put it in a pie plate and sprinkled shredded cheese over it, baked until cheese melted and served it with tortilla chips as an appetizer. Thank you Rita for a great recipe!
I can't believe I forgot to rate this! We really, really liked your funky twist on sloppy joes. It provides that same comfort with an extra bit of sassiness! We try to make this instead of regular whenever we have chili sauce on hand. Thanks, Rita!
This was great! I added a little cumin, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce, and left off the adobo since I didn't have any. I also used turkey instead of beef.Thanks so much!