Smoking Bourbon Chicken Wings, them old hot wings are down right boring.. all heat and no taste.. well here is my twist -- enjoy and comments are welcome
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked chipotle chili pepper (if you want more heat add more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken wings and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 18-20 minutes or finish on the oven.