7 hrs 15 mins
Cucina Casalingo's Note:
"A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup let's the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- 2Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.
- 3Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- 4Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- 5Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled.
- 6When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- 7Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- 8Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.7 g