Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
"A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup let's the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!"
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled.
- When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.