This is a recipe I got from a magazine. It is, without a doubt, the best salad I've ever had! Maybe some of you will think so, too! It looks like alot of ingredients, but it's so quick and easy to throw together! My husband requests this ALL THE TIME! The dressing is really a nice mix, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package ready to eat salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1Remove shrimp tails.
- 2Place shrimp in bowl, sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup
- 5oil, onion, vinegar, (I usually use the cider) red pepper, garlic, coriander and sugar: set aside.
- 6This will be your salad dressing.
- 7In a skillet, fry tortlla strips in remaining oil, drain on paper towels.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning.
- 9In same skillet, saute shrimp for a few minutes or until pink. (don't overcook)
- 10In a large bowl, mix greens, tomato, beans, shrimp, and tortilla strips.
- 11Drizzle dressing all over the mix.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese and toss.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.9
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 973.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: