Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I sampled a similar recipe in a restaurant in Key West a few years ago. I liked it so much I tried to recreate it at home. I have taken this to several parties and BBQs and get rave reviews everytime. Sometimes I substitute papaya for the mango. Also good as a garnish with grilled fish. The one hour cooking time refers to the chilling time.
- 7 -8 plum tomatoes or 7 -8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 -5 serrano peppers, minced (seeds removed)
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked or boiled shrimp, chopped
- lime juice, freshly squeezed,to taste
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and chill in fridge for an hour.
- Serve with chili-lime tortilla chips or regular tortilla chips or fritos scoops.