I have been on a big fruit and salad kick over the past couple days. I think am an trying to counteract that rainy London weather with eating things that remind me of places like the Caribbean or Mexico. This is what I threw together for lunch today and it ended up being pretty tasty. I used a lettuce that in the UK is called 'little gem lettuce' but romaine would work well too.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces gem lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mangoes, roughly diced
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces small shrimp, cooked and cold
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
For Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 passion fruit, pulp of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Combine all of the salad ingredients apart from the pumpkin seeds and place on serving plates.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.