Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been on a big fruit and salad kick over the past couple days. I think am an trying to counteract that rainy London weather with eating things that remind me of places like the Caribbean or Mexico. This is what I threw together for lunch today and it ended up being pretty tasty. I used a lettuce that in the UK is called 'little gem lettuce' but romaine would work well too.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces gem lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mangoes, roughly diced
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces small shrimp, cooked and cold
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
For Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 passion fruit, pulp of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Combine all of the salad ingredients apart from the pumpkin seeds and place on serving plates.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
Beautiful salad and healthy! I subbed romaine for the gem lettuce and 4 ounces of crushed pineapple for the passionfruit (and that was too much) and mixed the pineapple in with the lettuce mixture instead of the dressing. Love the pepitas in this! Garnished it with cilantro. Gracias Sarah_Jayne! Made for Chow Hounds during ZWT5.