Joseph Johnson's Note:
A relatively inexpensive and quick burrito recipe I "invented" on a whim. I had never made burritos before and decided to wing it. Now I make these regularly and my friends love them! If you can find flavored tortillas, give those a try! And feel free to use spicy re-fried beans for variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- 2Dice the onion and sweat in skillet for a few minutes, but not until transparent.
- 3Add ground beef and brown.
- 4When browned, add taco seasoning and prepare as directed.
- 5Preheat oven to 350.
- 6Spoon re-fried beans (about 2 tbsp) onto each tortilla, followed by an equal amount of the taco meat and roll into burritos.
- 7Spray inside of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 8Arrange burritos tightly into the dish.
- 9Pour the chili over the surface of the burritos.
- 10Spread the cheese evenly over the surface and place onto the top rack in the oven.
- 11Bake on 350 for 25 to 35 minutes, or until hot throughout.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Semi-Homemade Beef and Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 1935.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 54.3 g