Prep8 hrs 15 mins
An excellent first course for your Mexican-themed dinner or party. Just make sure you are using the freshest scallops you can get, since you will be essentially eating raw fish. From Good Food Magazine May 1988.
- 2 lbs bay scallops, halved if large
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, slivered
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, halved (or sliced if large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 slices lime peel (about 2x1/4-inch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, remove zest and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve chilled.