This is my favorite family dinner recipe. Great meal to fix and have left overs for the whole week. Not too spicy just perfect for family. I also love this since half of it can be fixed while your at work in your crock pot. If you like your foods spicy this is an easy one too add more too depending on your taste.
- 12 -14 corn tortillas (local small round ones if possible)
- 4 ounces vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning (2 packs)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (boneless or skinless breasts 1 pack from store)
- 12 ounces barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Rays Sauce Honey Chipotle)
- 1 tablespoon J&D hickory bacon salt (hickory)
- 4 tablespoons green chili sauce (your favorite)
- 8 ounces red onions (chopped or 1 prechopped pack from store)
- 8 ounces green onions (3 packs from store)
- 8 ounces fresh cilantro (chopped 1 pack from store)
- 8 ounces pico de gallo (Pico De Gallo Pace Salsa)
- 10 ounces chicken stock
- 4 cups monterey jack pepper cheese (taco blend 2 bags store brand)
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 cup sour cream (store brand)
- 8 ounces green chilies (2 cans chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Take chicken breast and rub 1 pack of taco seasoning on each side. Once done put chicken in crock pot.
- Add barbecue sauce, red onion, and bacon salt to crock pot.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 7-8 hours. Once time is up take chicken out and shred.
- Once chicken is shredded put back into crock pot with cilantro, green onions, salsa, and green hot sauce for 1 hour.
- While crock pot is finishing, take tortillas with oil and heat in a small frying pan. Just enough on each side till they are warm and not burnt.
- Take a small pot add butter and flour. Whisk until thickens and up to a boil, then add broth and stir till thickened. Once thickened add sour cream and chilies. Do not boil make sure to mix thoroughly. If not thick enough might need to add more flour.
- Take chicken from crock pot and roll tortillas with chicken and cheese in a 9x13 pan.
- Once all rolled up and the pan is filled, pour broth mixture over dish.
- Oven should be preheated to 325°F.
- Put 9x13 pan in oven for 20 minutes. Once done, take pan out put remaining cheese on top and put back in oven for 5 more minutes.