1/1 Photo of Ruth's Chicken Enchiladas (Modified)
1 hr 10 mins
Nature's Cuisine's Note:
This is a good red-sauce enchilada recipe. The enchiladas may be made ahead of time and refrigerated (add 10 minutes cooking time) or frozen (add 20 minutes cooking time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can olives, sliced and divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, diced
- 8 ounces mexican cheese, shredded and divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- sour cream
- 1Chicken Preparation: Separate chicken meat from bones and skin. Place in a large bowl.
- 2Filling: Heat oil in skillet on medium. Sauté onion and garlic until caramelized. Add to chicken. Add half of the olives, chilies, and half the cheese. Mix well.
- 3Sauce: Mix enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce evenly on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
- 4Tortilla Preparation: Spray small skillet with non-stick spray. Heat on medium-high stove top. When hot, place tortilla on top. After tortilla starts to expand, turn over. Remove promptly when starts to expand again. Respray skillet occasionally. Stack warm tortillas on a plate and keep covered with aluminum foil.
- 5Take one tortilla. Place a proportional amount of filling in middle of tortilla (from one end to the other). Fold tortilla ends over filling and place folded-side down in prepared dish. Repeat, laying enchiladas side-by-side until dish is full.
- 6Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheese and olives. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth's Chicken Enchiladas (Modified)
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 1172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g