Created for ZWT5 by the Rail Riding Rowdies for the Mexican Salsa Challenge! Sweet fruit combines surprisingly well with the spicy chipotle chiles! Each item represents one of us!! Tomatoes - Chef PotPie, cuz she's Tangy * Onions - slimPA, he's the only weed in this garden * Garlic - Brooke, adding a little kic * Chili in Adobo - Boo Chef in W TX, she's in a smoky haze and can't see what's going on! * lime juice - mulligan, leftover from tequila shots because she's such a lush * Peaches - realbirdlady, a cool weather fruit * Mongoes - Heidi in Seattle, because it ryhmes with tango and she's always wanted to * Cilantro - NWGal, A little bit of her is often enough for most people * Midori - AuntSana, because it marries so well * Avocado - Midwest Maven, because its creamy and cool and the green matches her eyes
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 canned chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 peach, diced (I usually just do either one whole peach or one whole mango)
- 1⁄2 mango, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Midori melon liqueur (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Combine ingredients through sea salt and refrigerate until ready to serve to allow flavors to mingle. I used a food processor to combine everything so that it gets diced fairly small.
- Remove salsa from refrigerator, add diced avocado and midori, if using. Serve!
- Keeps very well in the fridge for at least 24 hours.