This is a good recipe for a one-dish supper after work or when you're pressed for time. This is adapted from a BH&G recipe booklet that came with my West Bend electric wok. "Rosamarina" is also known as orzo. If Rosamarina (orzo) or ditalini are unavailable, you may substitute another very small pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole medium chicken breasts
- 2 small green peppers
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup ditalini
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chili pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Skin, halve lengthwise, and bone chicken breasts; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Cut peppers into strips.
- 3Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 4Meanwhile, add cooking oil to wok or other large frying pan; preheat it over high heat.
- 5Stir-fry chicken 3 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 6Add green peppers, onion, cumin, and red pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes, adding additional oil if necessary.
- 7Stir in drained pasta, corn, chili peppers, and salt. Cover and cook 2 minutes or till hot.
- 8Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle cheese over.
- 9Cover and cook 2 minutes or till cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosamarina Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 856.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 30.5 g