Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a good recipe for a one-dish supper after work or when you're pressed for time. This is adapted from a BH&G recipe booklet that came with my West Bend electric wok. "Rosamarina" is also known as orzo. If Rosamarina (orzo) or ditalini are unavailable, you may substitute another very small pasta.
- 2 whole medium chicken breasts
- 2 small green peppers
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup ditalini
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped canned green chili pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Skin, halve lengthwise, and bone chicken breasts; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut peppers into strips.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, add cooking oil to wok or other large frying pan; preheat it over high heat.
- Stir-fry chicken 3 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Add green peppers, onion, cumin, and red pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes, adding additional oil if necessary.
- Stir in drained pasta, corn, chili peppers, and salt. Cover and cook 2 minutes or till hot.
- Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle cheese over.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes or till cheese melts.