Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
As a vegetarian I always look for new ways to turn the same old dish into something new and tasty. Since I love Mexican food I add these veggies to my burritos, tacos, and tostados. On a recent trip to Washington DC my sister took me to a place that does Mexican food with Californian style. This following recipe is an inspiration from our lunch (and dinner) that day. The vegetables are only limited by your palate.
- 1 yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 package of old el paso taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons cumin (slightly crushed)
- 4 tablespoons vegetables or 4 tablespoons corn oil
- Mix all the vegetables together with the oil.
- Then add salt, garlic powder, garlic, cumin and Old El Paso seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
I wanted veggies and mexican and found this recipe. It was greatand I'm not that big of a veggie fan. I had some left over so I made a little soup by mixing it with some chicken broth and roast chicken. It was good so I'll try making extra next time and then make more soup!
This is very good. I left out the fresh garlic because I was out and is was still great. Thank you.