Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
New twist to turkey. This makes awesome sandwiches! This recipes works just as well on the gas grill over indirect heat as it does in the oven....AND it will work in a crockpot also! Very versatile and low fat flavorful!
- 2 chipotle peppers, rehydrated, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (4 -6 lb) fresh whole turkey breast
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Rinse the turkey breast under cold running water and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a baking dish and set it aside.
- Combine the chipotle pepper, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a mortar and pestle or chop them on a cutting board until they form a paste.
- Add the olive oil to the mortar and pestle or transfer the mixture to a small bowl and add the olive oil.
- Rub the turkey breast with the chipotle paste.
- Carefully slip your fingers under the skin and put more paste between the skin and the meat.
- Roast the turkey breast in the oven for about 2 hours.
- Let the turkey rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes before carving.
Made me swoon...or maybe that was from turning too many pirouettes around the kitchen floor. (Subbed large chicken breasts--top notch marinade.) Made for P-A-R-T-Y tag.
Awesome flavor for a turkey breast. The second time I made this I made some changes to make preparation quicker. I use a lot of chipotle paste. You can make the paste by pureeing a can of chipotles in adobo until it is smooth. Put it in a small glass jar and refrigerate. I rubbed this on my turkey breast and cooked it on low in the crockpot, about 8 hours. I served this with a creamy mac & cheese and tossed salad. The turkey turns out very flavorful, moist and tender.
I made this about a year ago, and I must have forgotten to review it. I had some turkey breasts that were on sale, and I was trying to find something different to do with them. This was perfect! We love chipotle anything, and this was no exception. The rub was the perfect touch for the typically blah turkey breast. We don't have an outdoor barbecue grill, so I just did this in the oven. I didn't even get to make sandwiches out of the leftovers, because there weren't any! The guys ate all my turkey the day I made it. I'll be using this again. Thanks for posting!