Even if you don't like seafood, you'll probably like this recipe. It doesn't taste fishy, and allows you to have fish in your diet, which is good for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package 10-inch flour tortilla (8-12 count)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package of chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice-mexi blend)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lbs white fish fillets (I like john dory fish)
- 1 (4 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- chopped red pepper
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 4 (10 -12 1/2 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1Thinly slice onion.
- 2Melt 3Tbs of butter in large saucepan and let melt.
- 3Be careful not to burn.
- 4Combine chopped onion, chopped mushrooms, and chopped green chilies in saucepan.
- 5Let marinate on high for about 5 minutes.
- 6Dash veggie mixture with red and black pepper and garlic salt& salt.
- 7Dash the veggies with more seasoning after five minutes.
- 8Make sure to stir well and make sure all veggies cook evenly and are coated with butter.
- 9Adjust temp if needed.
- 10Do not let burn.
- 11After 5 min add 3Tbs half and half and 1Tbs of flour.
- 12Stir for about 1 minute.
- 13Remove from stove and put in bowl.
- 14Melt the remaining 3Tbs of butter in the same saucepan and let melt.
- 15Add fish and cook on high 3 minutes each side.
- 16Dash both sides of fish with red and black pepper, garlic salt, and salt.
- 17Remove from pan.
- 18Chop up the fish into small to med size pieces.
- 19Don't worry if it crumbles.
- 20It doesn't really matter what it looks like.
- 21Throw it back into the saucepan on high for another minute, and then add to veggie mixture.
- 22Add 1cup of cheese and stir mixture until well combined.
- 23Preheat oven to 350F.
- 24Coat bottom of large, deep baking pan with 2 cans of enchilada sauce.
- 25(you can buy disposable pans cheap at grocery stores-usually in bakery aisle) Warm tortilla shells for about 15 sec in microwave, dash with a little water and spoon in about 2Tbs-3Tbs of mixture into shell.
- 26Fold up bottom edge of tortilla and then roll tortilla away from you.
- 27Put in pan.
- 28Repeat until done or tired.
- 29Cover the tops of the enchiladas with the last 2 cans of sauce.
- 30Cover with foil.
- 31Cook 15 minutes.
- 32Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- 33Cook 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich and Spicy Fish Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 1260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
10-inch flour tortillas