Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I loathe store bought taco seasoning. The flavor of it is so overpowering that you can hardly taste anything else on your taco! I found this recipe and adapted it a bit to suit my own tastes. I'm posting it on here mostly to be able to find it whenever I want to make it again. **NOTE: sometimes i substitute 1 tsp of store-bought taco seasoning in place of 1 tsp chili powder. you can't pick the flavor of the store-bought stuff out and it helps bring the flavors together a bit**
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons cornflour or 1 3⁄4 tablespoons white flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (i do 1/4 teaspoon. not quite enough to be 1/2 tsp)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In small bowl, mix all dry ingredients. set aside.
- brown meat in a skillet. when done, drain off fat.
- return skillet to burner. sprinkle on seasoning mix and add tomato paste and bouillon. add water and stir well to coat meat.
- let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the majority of the water cooks off.