Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. Just the other day, my ex-husband called to ask for the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (I sometimes use Rotel, depending on if there are little ones eating with us)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 bags plain tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (I sometimes use a mexican blend cheese)
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Blend in tomatoes, taco seasoning, chilies and olives and simmer about 10 mins.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Layer half of chips over bottom.
- Add all of meat mixture, then mozzarella, then sour cream.
- Top with remaining chips.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 mins.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and continue baking until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.