1 hr 5 mins
Renee Ferraz's Note:
I have been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. Just the other day, my ex-husband called to ask for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (I sometimes use Rotel, depending on if there are little ones eating with us)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 bags plain tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (I sometimes use a mexican blend cheese)
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent.
- 4Add meat and cook until browned.
- 6Blend in tomatoes, taco seasoning, chilies and olives and simmer about 10 mins.
- 7Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 8Layer half of chips over bottom.
- 9Add all of meat mixture, then mozzarella, then sour cream.
- 10Top with remaining chips.
- 11Bake until heated through, about 30 mins.
- 12Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and continue baking until cheese melts.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renee's Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1595.1
- Calories from Fat 857
- Total Fat 95.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 2132.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 45.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix