Kozmic Blues's Note:
No lard in these babies!! Try to use organic canned beans (if you can) because you will be using the liquid as well...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mash pinto beans and liquid. (You may leave some beans whole, or mash until smooth if you prefer a creamier texture).
- 2Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add green onions, cumin, and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in mashed beans (mixture will be soupy).
- 5Increase heat to medium-high, and cook beans 10 minutes, or until they thicken and will hold their shape on plate, stirring frequently.
- 6Remove pan from heat. Stir in lime juice and lime zest, and season with pepper.
- 7Top with cilantro for serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Beans - Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: