Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No lard in these babies!! Try to use organic canned beans (if you can) because you will be using the liquid as well...
- In a large bowl, mash pinto beans and liquid. (You may leave some beans whole, or mash until smooth if you prefer a creamier texture).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions, cumin, and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in mashed beans (mixture will be soupy).
- Increase heat to medium-high, and cook beans 10 minutes, or until they thicken and will hold their shape on plate, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in lime juice and lime zest, and season with pepper.
- Top with cilantro for serving.