Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Martha Stewart recipe is a go-to when I have company.
Make and share this Red Snapper Veracruzano recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless red snapper fillets
- coarse salt and pepper
- lime wedge, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and jalapenos; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup water; cook until almost evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in olives and oregano.
- Season snapper fillets with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; nestle fish in sauce. Cover, and cook until fish is opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.