Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Dh begged me to post this one. This is a recipe that Sammy Hagar and Guy Fieri , of Food Network, created together. Since Sammy is a HERO in dh's eyes he KNEW this would be an awesome recipe! The calorie count is NOT correct here because the program counts the marinade as though you eat it too! Yuck! Toss the marinade!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced rounds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons tequila (they recommended Cabo Wabo Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
Coating for Peppers
- 1In a medium mixing bowl add jalapenos, cilantro, tequila, garlic, red chili flakes, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Add the chicken breasts and red bell peppers to resealable gallon bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- 3Heat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade, and add chicken to the grill.
- 4In a small mixing bowl add flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the garlic powder.
- 5Heat the canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- 6Remove bell peppers from marinade and dredge in flour and fry until crispy. When done drain on paper towels.
- 7Cook chicken thoroughly on both sides, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes before thinly slicing or shredding.
- 8Lightly toast rolls. Spread mayonnaise evenly among the rolls and then stack evenly with the cabbage or lettuce, onion, chicken breast, fried peppers, and top with cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Rocker Margarita Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1391.2
- Calories from Fat 1022
- Total Fat 113.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1563.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers