Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Dh begged me to post this one. This is a recipe that Sammy Hagar and Guy Fieri , of Food Network, created together. Since Sammy is a HERO in dh's eyes he KNEW this would be an awesome recipe! The calorie count is NOT correct here because the program counts the marinade as though you eat it too! Yuck! Toss the marinade!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced rounds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons tequila (they recommended Cabo Wabo Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
Coating for Peppers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 kaiser rolls
- mayonnaise (optional)
- green cabbage, thinly sliced (optional) or romaine lettuce (optional) or spinach leaves (optional)
- red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- provolone cheese, sliced (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl add jalapenos, cilantro, tequila, garlic, red chili flakes, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add the chicken breasts and red bell peppers to resealable gallon bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade, and add chicken to the grill.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the garlic powder.
- Heat the canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- Remove bell peppers from marinade and dredge in flour and fry until crispy. When done drain on paper towels.
- Cook chicken thoroughly on both sides, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes before thinly slicing or shredding.
- Lightly toast rolls. Spread mayonnaise evenly among the rolls and then stack evenly with the cabbage or lettuce, onion, chicken breast, fried peppers, and top with cheese.