1/2 Photos of Red Pepper Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
Chef #738454's Note:
The red pepper sauce on these chicken enchiladas really makes these stand out. Easily prepared and healthy! If I don't have leftover chicken, I use 3 chicken breasts (about 1.3 lbs). I throw the chicken in the microwave with 1 Tbl. water in a covered glass dish. Micro High 5 minutes, turning once. If more time is needed, I micro 50% power for 2 more minutes. I like to shred the chicken with my fingers, but if I'm in a pinch for time, I just chop it in small dices. Another hint is Azteca tortillas have 2.5 grams of fat--kind of a middle ground for tortillas, not fat free, but not full fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- 3Make the sauce: Puree one pepper (discard seeds and stem), cream cheese and salt in blender.
- 4Stir in picante sauce.
- 5In another bowl, stir together chicken, the other pepper (diced), green onions and HALF of the above sauce.
- 6Spoon filling onto tortilla. Roll and place seams side down in baking dish.
- 7Spoon reserved sauce over tortillas.
- 8Cover loosely with foil.
- 9Back 30 minutes until hot.
- 10Sprinkle cheese on top, can put back in oven for 5 minutes.
- 11Serve on shredded lettuce. Optional: black slices and sour cream for garnish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 806.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: