Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an Aunt Chilada's spin on tamales. Every one has their own version. And believe me if you can find one you like, you can't get enough of them. A good on the go food. Nice for hunting.
- In a mixer or by hand, combine masa, lard, salt and baking powder until well blended.
- Deseed the chile pods, then soak the pods in hot water until soft.
- Puree the soft chile pods.
- Boil roast with salt, pepper and garlic until beef is cooked through.
- Remove beef; shred.
- Reserve the beef broth.
- Mix red chile puree with shredded beef.
- Add reserved beef broth until moist.
- Spread masa in a corn husk.
- Place about 1 1/2 ounces beef in the center of the masa.
- Fold over sides of tamale, then wrap tamale in wax paper.
- Place tamales in steamer pot, cover and cook 45 minutes or until the tamales are firm.