1 hr 40 mins
This is an Aunt Chilada's spin on tamales. Every one has their own version. And believe me if you can find one you like, you can't get enough of them. A good on the go food. Nice for hunting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer or by hand, combine masa, lard, salt and baking powder until well blended.
- 2Deseed the chile pods, then soak the pods in hot water until soft.
- 3Puree the soft chile pods.
- 4Boil roast with salt, pepper and garlic until beef is cooked through.
- 5Remove beef; shred.
- 6Reserve the beef broth.
- 7Mix red chile puree with shredded beef.
- 8Add reserved beef broth until moist.
- 9Spread masa in a corn husk.
- 10Place about 1 1/2 ounces beef in the center of the masa.
- 11Fold over sides of tamale, then wrap tamale in wax paper.
- 12Place tamales in steamer pot, cover and cook 45 minutes or until the tamales are firm.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Chile Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (5473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4311.4
- Calories from Fat 2560
- Total Fat 284.5 g
- Saturated Fat 109.4 g
- Cholesterol 561.4 mg
- Sodium 4834.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 294.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 147.2 g