Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is full of fiber and protein and low in fat. It is 2-3 WW points per cup and very filling. Adapted from weightwatchers.com message board.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Saute onions in a large stock pot.
- Combine 2 cans of tomatoes with the refried beans then add all the other canned ingredients (do not drain the beans - but do drain the corn if canned). Stir.
- Add the taco mix. Bring the soup up to just a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Fantastic Quick and Easy. What more could you ask for. HEALTHY TOO. I set up a little garnishment bar including sour cream, lime, cilantro, radishes, cheese, and tortilla chips. Everyone loved it!
Wonderful! My DH had two great big bowls and was reaching for a third when I suggested he might let the rest settle a bit, he reluctantly agreed to wait until tonight before having a third bowl! Definitely a man pleasing soup. I chose this recipe because I had everything on hand, love those recipes! Oh, I did mine in a CROCK POT. In case someone else would like to, here's what I did: I put everything in my 5-qt crock pot, turned to low for 6 hours, then on high for 1.5 hours, taking the lid off for the last 20 minutes to allow the soup to thicken.
This soup has become a staple in my home - my DS is a vegetarian so I was looking for an easy bean soup - I just began WW- Little did we suspect that it is the kind of soup that my carnivor husband likes and guests ask for seconds... btw - DH like to add cooked and crumbled fake soy bacon and sour cream...