1/3 Photos of Queso Blanco Mexican White Cheese Dip
This is a white dipping sauce served in many restaurants with chips or hot flour tortillas for dipping. This is a basic recipe that uses '"jack" for the Tex-Mex version and chihuahua and/or asadero for the more traditional Mexican version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese or 1 cup chihuahua cheese, shredded fine
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- 1Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium.
- 2Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso Blanco Mexican White Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 904.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g