Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice quick lunch for yourself or for you and your honey. Recipe can be cut in half to make for one. We like to add 1 or 2 of the variations, there's always something left over in the fridge to be used up, use your imagination. (the oil can be replaced with veggie cooking spray, it works just as well) Our standard is deli chicken slices, a mix of cheddar and parmesan, green pepper sticks, and chopped green onions and fresh cilantro, served with hot salsa. Yummy!!!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (we like sharp cheddar) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (we like sharp cheddar)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- guacamole (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup refried beans (optional)
- chicken, sliced or slivered (optional)
- turkey (optional)
- ham (optional)
- beef (optional)
- crabmeat (optional)
- shrimp (optional)
- Brush pan with oil and heat.
- Place tortilla in pan and heat on one side.
- Turn tortilla over and sprinkle with cheese, tomato and chile pepper.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Remove tortilla to plate.
- top with guacamole or salsa if desired.
- Any one or more of the variations ingredients can be added.
- Fold in half, cut into quarters and serve hot.
I have always loved quesadillas just never made them. These were so easy and so tasty, my husband has never tried them at all, and he really enjoyed them. I used a sharp cheddar cheese, chicken, tomato, green pepper, green chilli, black olives and sour cream. I know it will become a 'regular'!! =)
Made this last night for supper and oh was it yummy!!! I made it in the oven on a cookie sheet instead and it turned out great!!
This was too easy, I added some caramelized onion/garlic and black bean paste. I served them as an appetizer -- I was pulling them off the griddle and serving them off hot right off the cook-top island. The guests kept eating them and liked them so much that we had to delay dinner for a couple of hours.