1/2 Photos of Puntas De Filete a La Nortena
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Translation: Beef Fillet, Northern Style. This authentic, regional Mexican dish is made fiery with the use of green serrano chiles. Make sure you have a nice cold Mexican beer standing by!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 medium onions, halved, sliced on diagonal
- 15 serrano chilies, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2-1/2 lb.)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 lbs filet of beef, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1Prepare sauce: Heat large heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Add butter and oil. Stir in onions and chiles. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are golden, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring occasionally, to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and fat rises to surface, about 30 minutes. Skim off fat.
- 2Prepare beef: Heat large heavy skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes. Add bacon and fry until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add oil to skillet. Stir in onion and saute until light brown, about 5 minutes. Add beef and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Remove beef and keep warm.
- 3Add sauce to onion in skillet. Stir in bacon. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- 4To serve, divide beef among serving plates or place on platter, top with sauce, and sprinkle with jalapenos and cilantro. Serve with ot flour or corn tortillas.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puntas De Filete a La Nortena
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.8
- Calories from Fat 532
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.1 mg
- Sodium 312.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef