Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So full of Latin flavor you won't even miss the meat! Adapted from Latina.com.
Make and share this Portabella Mushroom Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons prepared fajita seasoning mix
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup prepared salsa
- In pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and yellow bell pepper in olive oil until onion has lightly caramelized. Transfer sautéed vegetables to bowl.
- Place mushrooms in same pan and cook until tender. Drain liquid from pan and add mushrooms to bowl.
- Toss vegetables with fajita seasoning mix.
- To assemble fajitas, warm flour tortillas. Place mixed salad greens over each tortilla, then mound portobello mixture over greens. Top with chopped tomatoes. Spoon nonfat sour cream and salsa over stuffing before rolling each tortilla closed. Cut in half on diagonal.
We really enjoyed this! Followed exactly. The mushrooms were so tasty. Great alternative to meat. I wil defintiely make this again.