1/1 Photo of Pork in Salsa Verde
2 hrs 25 mins
This pork turns out very tender...due to the 2 hour - overnight marinating. Easy to put together and yummy to eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin, trimmed of all fat and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, stems removed and seeded
- 3 (11 ounce) cans each tomatillos, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/4 cup parsley
- 1In small bowl, mix the cumin, half the garlic and the salt.
- 2In medium bowl, combine the pork with the cumin mixture and toss well to coat the meat with seasonings. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the onion and the remaining garlic and cook until softened, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- 5Scape the mixture into a blender or food processor.
- 6Add the jalapeno peppers, tomatillos, chicken broth and oregano. Puree until smooth 1 -2 minutes.
- 7Spray the same large nonstick skillet with veggie cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 8Add half the pork cubes to the skillet and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, 5 - 7 minutes.
- 9With a slotted spoon, remove the meat to a plate and brown the remaining pork.
- 10Return all the meat to the skillet.
- 11Add the tomatillo puree and simmer until the sauce is thickened, 8 - 10 minutes.
- 12Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork in Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 610.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 40.0 g