1/1 Photo of Pork and Brown Rice Green Chile Casserole
This also works well with chicken breast --- instant white rice may be substituted for the brown if desired, for extra heat add in another jalapeno pepper or cayenne pepper :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons oil (more if needed)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin chops (cut into small bite-size pieces)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional or to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (or use diced tomatoes)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin (can use more)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Lightly season the pork with salt and black pepper; add to the hot oil and cook on all sides until lightly browned; remove to a bowl.
- 3Add in onion and garlic and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Return the meat back to the pot, then add in rice, cream of chicken soup, jalapeno pepper, black beans, green chilies, salsa, water or broth and cumin; mix to combine well, then simmer uncovered over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a casserole dish and top with about 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Brown Rice Green Chile Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 792.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 32.9 g