Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother found this recipe in Woman's Day and thought it looked fun. And it is supposed to be excellent for hot flashes!! Timing does not include the cooling of sugar syrup.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup tequila or 2⁄3 cup clear soda pop
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Pour sugar and water into saucepan; set saucepan over medium heat; stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
- In a blender, mix the sugar syrup, juices, tequila, liquor, and ice cubes and puree until slushy.
- Pour into salt rimmed glasses and enjoy!
Thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe WiGal. I love margaritas and this one certainly does not disappoint. I used Grand Marnia and made exactly as written, it was perfection. Into my keeper box this goes. Made for 5 Star Tag Game.
Fabulous recipe, this is one of the recipes I served in a carafe for our annual euchre BBQ and it was a big big hit...
This is a yummy margarita. I used corn syrup for the simple syrup and I didn't measure. I didn't put as much as requested probably. That way, it was perfect, not too sweet. I used triple sec. Thanks WiGal :) made for Gimme 5 tag game