1/1 Photo of Pollo Pulqueros (Chicken, Tomatillo, and Jalapeno Stew)
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
From Rick Bayless in the Feb-March 2005 Eating Well. I think that this would work well in a crockpot, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves (at least!)
- 1 1/4 lbs tomatillos, with husks removed,washed,and cut into 1/4 inch rounds (12 - 16)
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper (and 2 Tablespoons of liquid)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Arrange onion slices (overlapping) in bottom of 5- 6 quart Dutch oven.
- 3Arrange potatoes on top of onions, sprinkle with salt.
- 4Arrange chicken on top of potatoes, then cilantro, then tomatillos.
- 5Top with jalapenos and drizzle with pickling liquid.
- 6Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and bake for 15- 20 minutes additional.
- 8Serve hot and garnish with more cilantro.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Pulqueros (Chicken, Tomatillo, and Jalapeno Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 26.2 g