Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great new way to perk up that grilled chicken. From Some Like it Hot and the Junior League of McAllen TX.
- On hot grill char chilies until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam. Peel, seed and chop chiles. This step can be done ahead of time and can also be done in the broiler.
- Combine chilies, cream, onion, cilantro, and garlic in large sauce pan over medium high heat. Boil this sauce until reduced to a thick sauce. This takes about five minutes. Be careful to stir to prevent burning.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Grill chicken until properly done being careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile add tomato to sauce and simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce on plates. Slice chicken diagonally into thin slices and place atop sauce.
- Serve warm.
I made this for my family tonight. Kids and all LOVED it! The flavor of the sauce was excellent. We served the sauce over the grilled chicken and angel hair pasta. It was a very easy meal to prepare. Update: April/2010. Have not made this recipe in a while, but never forgot it. I wanted to add a note about the sauce - I found it worked very well to blend the sauce, with a hand held blender, or in a blender, before adding the tomatoes. Also, used the poblano peppers that I roast and freeze every fall. Flavor is unforgettable!
DH and I made this chicken for dinner last night. It was really easy, very flavorful, and had the perfect amount of heat. I loved it! I halved the recipe ingredients (with the exception of the garlic which I left the same) to suit the two of us, with perfect results. I look forward to making this again! Thanks, Vicki!
Vicki- I am a Texas girl living in Canada, but tonight I felt like I was home!!! This was just spicy enough to make me miss home!! Great recipe and easy and quick to make-thumbs up to you and my home state!! Candie