Vicki in CT's Note:
Great new way to perk up that grilled chicken. From Some Like it Hot and the Junior League of McAllen TX.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On hot grill char chilies until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam. Peel, seed and chop chiles. This step can be done ahead of time and can also be done in the broiler.
- 2Combine chilies, cream, onion, cilantro, and garlic in large sauce pan over medium high heat. Boil this sauce until reduced to a thick sauce. This takes about five minutes. Be careful to stir to prevent burning.
- 3Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 4Grill chicken until properly done being careful not to overcook.
- 5Meanwhile add tomato to sauce and simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Spoon sauce on plates. Slice chicken diagonally into thin slices and place atop sauce.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Con Chile Cream Sauce (Chicken With Chile Cream Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.9 mg
- Sodium 102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.3 g