Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditional Mexican dish that my grandmother used to make me.
Make and share this Pollo Con Calabaza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken wings (cut into sections)
- 3 -4 tender mexican squash (can substitute 4 yellow squash and 4 zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Wash and cut off ends of squash, peel and cut into cubes.
- Measure out spices -- add a little water and put aside.
- Brown chicken in oil, add salt, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add squash cubes, spices and diced tomato.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add drained corn.
- Mix the 1 TBS flour with 1/3 cup water to make a paste -- add to pot to thicken.