1/2 Photos of Poblano Chicken With Verde Sauce Casserole
From Marks Daily Apple for all the low carbing primals out there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 poblano chiles
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (preferably something that melts well)
- 1To make the sauce, place tomatoes and jalapenos in a small saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and continue heating until the tomatoes and jalapenos turn light green (about 10–15 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat and drain well.
- 4Scoop mixture into a blender, then add onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- 5Puree to desired consistency and set aside.
- 6In a shallow casserole dish, roast the Poblano chili under a broiler until black on all sides.
- 7Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 8Once cool, peel off black skin and remove stems.
- 9Next, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until lightly browned, then set aside.
- 10Add onions to skillet and brown.
- 11Add chicken, chicken stock and seasoning and boil until water is evaporated.
- 12Next, slice open Poblanos and lay them flat in a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 13Top with chicken mixture, verde sauce and cheese.
- 14Cover with foil and bake at 375 about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling.
- 15Remove foil and cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- 16Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poblano Chicken With Verde Sauce Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g