Unlike traditional Mexican quesadillas, it calls for Italian meats, cheeses and seasoning. Serve it with a green salad topped with Italian dressing for a simple dinner for two.
- In a small saucepan, cook spaghetti sauce over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle unbuttered side of two tortillas with mozzarella cheese; top with salami and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges; serve with warmed spaghetti sauce.
Love these little quesadillas ~ made them tonight for our dinner before running off to piano lessons and church. Super quick and easy to put together ~ took no longer than 15 minutes total time. Great little meal with salad. Thanks for posting looneytunesfan ~ this is a keeper! Made for Spring PAC 2010!
I love these! I use whole wheat carb balance tortillas and turkey pepperoni with lots of veggies. Yummy!
Very delicious. Instead of dipping into tomato sauce, we just spread it right IN the quesadilla. We think this should be for four servings---unless it's a main dish. Also great as an afternoon snack (using the leftovers from lunch!). This is a KEEPER!