1/2 Photos of Pioneer Woman's Favorite Enchiladas
1 hr 20 mins
YUM! Another one courtesy of Pioneer Woman. These look delicious and I can't wait to try them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce or 1 (28 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Make the sauce first - In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour and whisk together to make a past, cooking for 1 minute. Pour in other red sauce, chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2Meat- Brown meat with onions in a skillet. Drain off fat. Stir in 2 cans diced green chilies and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Tortillas - Heat canola oil in a small skillet over medium heat. One by one, using tongs, fry tortillas oil until soft, not crisp—about 30 seconds per side. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat until all tortillas have been fried.
- 5Assembly - Pour ½ cup red sauce in bottom of baking pan. Spread to even out. Dip each tortilla into red sauce, then remove to work surface. Spoon meat, a little grated cheese, a little black olives, and green onions in the center of tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in baking pan. Repeat until pan is filled. Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until bubble. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over enchiladas before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Favorite Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.8
- Calories from Fat 532
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 2760.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 42.4 g