Beans and rice are usually served separately in Mexico, but, occasionally the two are combined in delicious casseroles. This is quick and easy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 1-quart casserole or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, and cheese. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Beat with a fork or wire whisk until well blended. Add to rice mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Place in prepared casserole. Press mixture down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake uncovered, 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.