Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just threw this together one night to go with sauteed chicken. Tonight I made it again for a "Company Pork Roast" (#23939). What a perfect compliment to white meat! Delicious!!
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon canned jalapeno, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, finely chopped
- lime juice (generous squeeze)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Assemble ingredients. Serve immediately or let the salsa rest and come together for a few minutes to an hour or longer. Serve with chicken, pork or just about anything!
We used this Pineapple Salsa to dress up a simple baked salmon, and it was really good. It has a sweet yet zesty bite to it without being overpowered by the peppers and onion. It seems to be a pretty versatile salsa, too. So I will likely make this again and try serving it over chicken breasts, pork, and maybe even baked potatoes. Thanks for sharing this, Natalia. Made for 2009 Spring Pick-A-Chef.