Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cuban/Mexican taco/burrito filling, or great on potato wedges.
Make and share this Picadillo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 3 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- sherry wine vinegar
- coarse salt
- In a large bowl using your hands mix beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, olives, raisins, capers, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, allspice and some pepper. Cover with plastic and leave at room temperature for 1/2 hour for the flavours to mix.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the meat mixture with a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt. Cook, while breaking up the meat frequently. If the meat starts to brown lover the heat, and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- The picadillo should be juicy, but not soupy.