1/1 Photo of Perfect Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 45 mins
I've tried several different chicken enchilada recipes here but they all were lacking in one area or another. After many attempts I finally took the best parts of each and came up with the best recipe yet. NOTE- these come out very firm because I let most of the enchilada sauce evaporate when cooking when the chicken. If you want them gooey, don't let it cook too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained & chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 tortillas (preferably flour)
- 1Heat 2tbsp oil in a large skillet. Saute onions, garlic, green chilles, and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add chicken and can of enchilada sauce. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Again, the consistency of the dish depends on how long you let the sauce thicken/evaporate.
- 3Mix in all of the spices (more or less, depending on your taste). Blend in the sour cream and the cream of chicken until fully mixed. Remove from heat.
- 4Spoon mixture evenly into tortillas and roll them up. Place them seam-side down in an oil-coated 13x9-inch pan. Pour leftover mixture evenly over the enchiladas.
- 5Mix the milk and 4-cheese blend in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the enchiladas and sprinkle the cheddar cheese over it.
- 6Bake for 350°F for 35-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1445.1
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.4 mg
- Sodium 3290.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 72.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: