Make and share this Paula Deen's Mexican Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan, cast iron skillet or cornbread mold.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- To dry mixture, add egg, milk, sour cream, oil and jalapenos and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
This was okay. It made a very thin cornbread, but it had a good flavor. I used pickled jalapenos and added a handful of cheese. I may try it again and see if I get better results.
Light and tasty. Made into mini cornbreads using a muffin pan - 15 minutes bake time
This cornbread was great! Whenever I try to make cornbread, it never rises correctly, but this turns out beautifully every time. I use pickled peppers from our garden and my dad really likes it. Thanks for the great recipe!