1 hr 10 mins
Much easier to make than real tamales! Very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat together margarine and masa with a hand mixer until well combined, adding water as needed.
- 2Add salt and sugar and enough water to make a thick batter (the consistancy should be somewhere between cookie dough and cake batter).
- 3Pour half of the batter into an ungreased 8"x8" square pan.
- 4Spread the meat over the first layer, then spread the rest of the batter on top.
- 5Cover pan with foil.
- 6Place the pan into another, larger pan.
- 7Pour hot water into the bottom pan so that the smaller pan is about 1/4"-1/2" submerged.
- 8Place pans into a 350 degree oven.
- 9Bake in water bath for 50 minutes, then allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 10Slice and serve with beans and rice, and sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g