1/2 Photos of Ortega Taco Bake
This came from a bottle of Ortega Taco Sauce. I have been holding onto to this little 2 by 3 inch label with the recipe on it for years, so I figured I better post it before I lose it! If I don't have taco shells, sometimes I use broken tortilla chips. I did tweak it to our tastes a bit. We really enjoy it...hope you do, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ortega thick & smooth taco sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 white taco shells or 12 yellow taco shells, broken,divided
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2Grease 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- 3Cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
- 4Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix.
- 5Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Layer half of broken shells on bottom of baking dish.
- 7Cover with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- 8Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 9Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ortega Taco Bake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 664.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g